Your wild seafood experience
Catch-and-dine Rottnest seafood tour
New to Rottnest Island, our Wild Seafood Experience brings the ultimate in ocean adventure and luxury to Western Australia’s favourite holiday island.
Designed for those who love fresh seafood, this 2.5-hour Rottnest boat cruise is the perfect blend of excitement and indulgence.
Our experienced boat crew will guide you through an unforgettable interactive experience out on the crystal-clear waters that Rottnest is famous for.
Dream no more. Live the dream on board your very own hands-on seafood soirée with Rottnest Cruises.
Rottnest has never tasted so good!
The ‘thrill of the catch’ will be yours to remember forever, as you pull up pots of Western Rock Lobster (or ‘crayfish’, as it is commonly known in Australia).
Learn more about this unique and delicious ocean delicacy from our crew, then sit back and enjoy watching an exquisite seafood feast prepared right before you.
Hot off the barbecue, your lobster will be served alongside other fresh seafood delights such sashimi salmon, freshly-shucked oysters, Blue Swimmer crabs, fish tacos, prawns and marinated octopus, plus an array of delicious accompaniments.
Enjoy it all, paired with unlimited West Australian wines, beers and soft drinks, served as you cruise.
- 2.5 hours on board our premium charter vessel, commencing on the waterfront among luxury yachts moored in Rottnest’s Thomson Bay – see where our Rottnest seafood tour takes you.
- Guidance and local sea knowledge from our expert crew.
- Canapes and a glass of sparkling wine, beer or soft drink on arrival.
- Unlimited local wines, beer and soft drinks during the tour.
- Opportunity to haul in pots of live Western Rock Lobster.
- Chance to touch, feel and learn about the your catch.
- Live action of a fresh seafood barbecue and open kitchen, with your feast prepared before you.
- A sumptuous seafood banquet featuring your catch and other fresh seafood delicacies (scroll down for menu).
- Onboard dining while moored in the turquoise waters of stunning Longreach Bay or Parakeet Bay.
- Opportunity to swim off the boat (at own risk, waiver to be signed).
- Relaxation on board our vessel in Rottnest’s spectacular bays.
Step on board and enjoy:
canapes with a glass of sparkling wine, beer or soft drink
Indulge in an exquisite banquet of fresh local seafoods, featuring:
your fresh lobster catch barbecued
(guaranteed at least half a lobster per person*)
live oysters freshly shucked
Blue Swimmer crabs
fresh juicy prawns
fresh local bread and butter
Finish off with some tasty sweet treats:
strawberries with molten chocolate
Served complimentary throughout the cruise:
unlimited still and sparkling West Australian wines
(Millbrook / Mad Fish), plus beer and soft drinks.
Please note – menu may have some seasonal variations.
Price & Bookings
Price – $175 adult | $125 child (5-12 years)
Introductory special price for summer, valid only until 28/2/19
Dates – Tours run daily, subject to minimum 4 guests, with guaranteed departures (no minimum) on Saturday and Sunday.
Time – 11am to 1.30/45pm (approx. 2.5 to 2.75 hours, depending on location of cray pots)
Departs – Thomson Bay Fuel Jetty, Rottnest Island
(please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure as we leave promptly)
What to Bring – camera, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. We suggest wearing comfortable clothing with a warm top, as it can get cool on the water. If wanting to swim off the boat, please wear bathers and bring a towel. We travel on the open ocean, so if you suffer from motion sickness, please take medication prior to arriving.
Please note – advance bookings required. If booking within 48 hours prior to the cruise, please call our booking office on (+61 8) 9586 1136.
Tour not ideal for children under the age of 5.
All bookings subject to Rottnest Cruises’ Terms & Conditions.