Wild Seafood Experience
Catch-and-dine Rottnest seafood tour
Our Wild Seafood Experience brings the ultimate in ocean adventure to Western Australia’s favourite holiday island, Rottnest.
Designed for those who love fresh seafood, this 3 to 3.5-hour Rottnest boat cruise is the perfect blend of excitement and indulgence.
Our experienced boat crew will guide you through an unforgettable interactive experience out on the crystal-clear waters that Rottnest is famous for.
Dream no more. Live the dream on board your very own hands-on seafood soirée with Rottnest Cruises.
Rottnest has never tasted so good!
The ‘thrill of the catch’ will be yours to remember forever, as you pull up pots of Western Rock Lobster (or ‘crayfish’, as it is commonly known in Australia).
Learn more about this unique and delicious ocean delicacy from our crew, then sit back and enjoy watching an exquisite seafood feast prepared right before you.
Hot off the barbecue, your lobster will be served as part of a five-course menu.
- Your adventure begins with canapes on arrival.
- Then comes a deluxe seafood platter, packed with as much West Australian produce as possible. Includes sashimi salmon, Blue Swimmer crabs, fresh shucked oysters, West Australian king prawns and marinated West Coast Octopus.
- Australian barramundi fillets served with lemon wedges and garden salad.
- Your fresh-caught lobster then arrives before you, prepared barbecued or sashimi-style with Asian fried rice.
- Finally comes dessert, with home-baked chocolate brownies, fresh strawberries with molten chocolate.
Your exquisite feast is paired with unlimited complimentary West Australian wines (Howard Park Mad Fish label), plus local bottled beers and soft drinks, served as you cruise.
- A full day on Rottnest Island (up to 9 hours), with return ferry transfers from Fremantle, Hillarys or Perth, included in your package.
- All-inclusive 3/3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience on board our premium charter vessel, The Crusader III. Boat features a large open lower deck, an upper sun deck and spacious interior cabin with full kitchen facilities.
- Canapes and drinks served on arrival, among luxury boats moored in Rottnest’s Thomson Bay.
- Unlimited local still and sparkling wines, bottled beers and soft drinks throughout the tour.
- Commentary, guidance and local sea knowledge from experienced crew.
- Opportunity to haul in pots of live Western Rock Lobster.
- Chance to touch, feel and learn about your catch.
- Live action of a fresh seafood barbecue and open kitchen, with your lunch feast prepared before you.
- Seafood banquet featuring your lobster catch and other ocean-fresh delicacies, followed by dessert. See full menu below.
- Casual yet stylish dining, with white linen tablecloths and full crew service.
- Opportunity to relax on board and enjoy prime coastal views while moored in the calm turquoise waters of Longreach or Parakeet Bay.
- Chance to try your hand at fishing, with rods and bait supplied (on request).
- Option to swim or snorkel off the boat.
Deluxe 5-Course Banquet
Step on board and enjoy:
canapes with a glass of sparkling wine, beer or soft drink
Fresh seafood platter, featuring as much West Australian produce as possible:
Blue Swimmer Crabs
West Australian King Prawns
Marinated West Coast Octopus
Australian Barramundi fillets,
served with lemon wedges
Your freshly-caught Western Rock Lobster
prepared BBQ or sashimi-style,
with Asian fried rice.
Finish off with some tasty sweet treats:
Strawberries with molten chocolate
Served complimentary throughout the cruise:
West Australian wines (Howard Park Mad Fish label)
Local beers and soft drinks
Please note – menu may have some seasonal variations.
Price & Bookings
All-inclusive, with ferry transfers
price for tour only, excluding ferry transfers
Only $199 Adult | $139 Child (5-12 years)
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL
Enjoy $50 off tour-only cruises before Saturday 12 October
when booking online with code ‘EARLYBIRD50’
~ ~ ~
Dates – Tours run Thursday to Sunday (subject to a minimum total number of guests on board), with guaranteed departures (no minimum) on Saturdays.*
Time – 11am to 2/2.30pm (approx. 3 to 3.5 hours, depending on location of cray pots)
Departs – Thomson Bay Fuel Jetty, Rottnest Island
(please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure as we leave promptly)
What to Bring – camera, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. We suggest wearing comfortable clothing with a warm top, as it can get cool on the water. If wanting to swim off the boat, please wear bathers and bring a towel – swimming waiver will need to be signed. We travel on the open ocean, so if you suffer from motion sickness, please take medication prior to arriving.
Please note – advance bookings required. If booking within 24 hours prior to the cruise, please call our booking office on (+61 8) 9586 1136.
* In the unlikely event we don’t achieve the minimum number of passengers to run our tour, we will contact you to reschedule or if we cannot find a suitable date, will refund you in full.
Tour not ideal for children under the age of 5.
All bookings subject to Rottnest Cruises’ Terms & Conditions.
Purchase our all-inclusive full-day package from
$259 Adult | $174 Child
when booked on our website using code ‘SAVEONLINE’
- Fully-inclusive 9-hour value package.
- Rottnest Island return ferry transfers. Choose to depart from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys – see ferry timetable.
- 3 to 3.5-hour Wild Seafood Experience (11am to 2/2.30pm), including chef-prepared 5-course banquet lunch, unlimited beverages, boat cruise, commentary and activities.
- Plus up to 6 hours of time to spend at your leisure on the Island.
Click on the ferry timetable below to see our package departure times with ferry operators
Rottnest Express, Rottnest Fast Ferries and Sealink.
Departures from Perth (Barrack Street), Fremantle or Hillarys.