Your wild seafood experience
Catch-and-dine Rottnest seafood tour
New to Rottnest Island, our Wild Seafood Experience brings the ultimate in ocean adventure and luxury to Western Australia’s favourite holiday island.
Designed for those who love fresh seafood, this 3 to 3.5-hour Rottnest boat cruise is the perfect blend of excitement and indulgence.
Our experienced boat crew will guide you through an unforgettable interactive experience out on the crystal-clear waters that Rottnest is famous for.
Dream no more. Live the dream on board your very own hands-on seafood soirée with Rottnest Cruises.
Rottnest has never tasted so good!
The ‘thrill of the catch’ will be yours to remember forever, as you pull up pots of Western Rock Lobster (or ‘crayfish’, as it is commonly known in Australia).
Learn more about this unique and delicious ocean delicacy from our crew, then sit back and enjoy watching an exquisite seafood feast prepared right before you.
Hot off the barbecue, your lobster will be served as part of a five-course menu.
- Your adventure begins with canapes on arrival.
- Then comes a deluxe seafood platter, packed with as much West Australian produce as possible. Includes sashimi salmon, Blue Swimmer crabs, fresh shucked oysters, West Australian king prawns and marinated West Coast Octopus.
- Australian barramundi fillets served with lemon wedges and garden salad.
- Your fresh-caught lobster then arrives before you, prepared barbecued or sashimi-style with Asian fried rice.
- Finally comes dessert, with home-baked chocolate brownies, fresh strawberries with molten chocolate.
Your exquisite feast is paired with unlimited complimentary West Australian wines (Howard Park Mad Fish label), plus local bottled beers and soft drinks, served as you cruise.
- 3 to 3.5 hours on board our premium charter vessel, commencing on the waterfront among luxury yachts moored in Rottnest’s Thomson Bay – see where our Rottnest seafood tour takes you.
- Guidance and local sea knowledge from our expert crew.
- Canapes and a glass of sparkling wine, beer or soft drink on arrival.
- Unlimited local wines, beer and soft drinks during the tour.
- Opportunity to haul in pots of live Western Rock Lobster.
- Chance to touch, feel and learn about your catch.
- Live action of a fresh seafood barbecue and open kitchen, with your feast prepared before you.
- A sumptuous seafood banquet featuring your catch and other fresh seafood delicacies (scroll down for menu).
- Onboard dining while moored in the turquoise waters of stunning Longreach Bay or Parakeet Bay.
- Opportunity to swim off the boat (at own risk, waiver to be signed).
- Relaxation on board our vessel in Rottnest’s spectacular bays.
- Snorkels available
- Fishing rods and bait available on prior request
Step on board and enjoy:
canapes with a glass of sparkling wine, beer or soft drink
Fresh seafood platter, featuring as much West Australian produce as possible:
Blue Swimmer Crabs
West Australian King Prawns
Marinated West Coast Octopus
Australian Barramundi fillets,
served with lemon wedges
Your freshly-caught Western Rock Lobster
prepared BBQ or sashimi-style,
with Asian fried rice.
Finish off with some tasty sweet treats:
Strawberries with molten chocolate
Served complimentary throughout the cruise:
West Australian wines (Howard Park Mad Fish label)
Local beers and soft drinks
Please note – menu may have some seasonal variations.
Price & Bookings
$215 adult | $150 child (5-12 years)
Make your cruise booking online and pay only $199 adult.
Use promotional code ‘WINTER19’ at checkout to receive this special pricing (valid only until 31/8/19).
Dates – Tours run Thursday to Sunday, subject to minimum 4 guests, with guaranteed departures (no minimum) on Sunday.
Time – 11am to 2.00pm/2.30pm (approx. 3 to 3.5 hours, depending on location of cray pots)
Departs – Thomson Bay Fuel Jetty, Rottnest Island
(please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure as we leave promptly)
What to Bring – camera, hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. We suggest wearing comfortable clothing with a warm top, as it can get cool on the water. If wanting to swim off the boat, please wear bathers and bring a towel – swimming waiver will need to be signed. We travel on the open ocean, so if you suffer from motion sickness, please take medication prior to arriving.
Please note – advance bookings required. If booking within 48 hours prior to the cruise, please call our booking office on (+61 8) 9586 1136.
Tour not ideal for children under the age of 5.
Cruise cost does not include travel to/from Rottnest Island. See below for ferry packages.
All bookings subject to Rottnest Cruises’ Terms & Conditions.
ADD FERRY TRANSFERS
Purchase our ‘Tour + Ferry Package’ for $287 Adult | $185 Child.
Includes ferry transfers to and from Rottnest Island and Wild Seafood Experience.
Click on the ‘Ferry Timetable’ below to see our package departure times with ferry operators:
Rottnest Express, Rottnest Fast Ferries and Sealink.
Ferry options depart from B-Shed Fremantle, Perth and Hillarys.